Our Managing Editor, Jessica Liebman, was driving from Manhattan to Brooklyn yesterday evening when she saw something that will make anyone who has ever been frustrated by government bureaucrats tear their hair out.
Somewhere in lower Manhattan, where the power has been out for three days, restaurants and stores are closed, perishable food is going bad, and there’s little to eat, Jess came upon the following:
While in a traffic standstill on a pitch black corner in Chinatown, we saw an NYC food inspector bust down the door of a Chinese restaurant that was serving food to dozens of people even though they had no power and no running water. It was pitch black, and all these people were eating from a huge buffet…
I knew it was a food inspector because the guy was wearing a jacket that said “Department of Health” in big white letters on the back of it. He had a big flashlight and a headlamp. When he went into the restaurant with his two sources of light, you could see that there were little candles everywhere and people huddled at tables.
The restaurant was a tiny hole in the wall spot, with a yellow awning that said they served dumplings for $4. It had a “C” in the last inspection — the NYC health inspection grade was taped to the door.
What happened next? From what I could tell, he was shining his flashlight all around (which is how I saw that there was a buffet of food) and right before we pulled away I saw him inspect a huge pot of soup that was near the door.
From the moment he walked in, it was clear that he wasn’t letting anyone leave the restaurant after that.
A business without power going the extra mile to keep its doors open and help the community in a time of need.
Got to put a stop to that immediately!
46 Notes/ Hide
- ojlefty likes this
- yourignorancewillgetyoukilled reblogged this from exposingthetruths
- boro-bemir likes this
- american-ronin reblogged this from exposingthetruths
- tunwasdermannsagt reblogged this from exposingthetruths
- exposingthetruths reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- capitalismconcarne reblogged this from thecheekylibertarian
- meownarchy reblogged this from calvin-and-blank
- area1234 likes this
- lazydrifter reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- tharocpileupinthismafq likes this
- burntjohn reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- exposingthetruths likes this
- actualjo likes this
- adriiicee likes this
- meownarchy likes this
- jjgatsby reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- perfectclassic reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- fearandl0athing likes this
- maohshounen likes this
- killedinmotion reblogged this from calvin-and-blank
- hurrhurrhurrbow reblogged this from calvin-and-blank and added:
- euphoriabliss reblogged this from thecheekylibertarian
- armed-sweetheart likes this
- antigovernmentextremist reblogged this from thecheekylibertarian
- calvin-and-blank reblogged this from thecheekylibertarian
- thecheekylibertarian reblogged this from lillabet and added:
- livingasana likes this
- stevezee2six reblogged this from freexcitizen
- peashooter85 likes this
- anarchei likes this
- freexcitizen reblogged this from thearmedgentleman and added:
- thearmedgentleman reblogged this from lillabet
- lillabet reblogged this from basedceerex
- basedceerex reblogged this from ernestsewell
- biophiloi reblogged this from ernestsewell
- thefreelioness likes this
- ernestsewell posted this