What da fuq, Wednesday? Why you gotta break balls?
With a few minor modifications, and a sexier bathroom, and some paint on the walls, this would be my dream home. Doesn’t need to be so extravagant, just simple, modern, clean, open, and all green materials used.
This is almost 4K square feet. I could do it in about 1200.
I like a sexy shower. I like an open concept in a bathroom. It’s one reason I have a clear shower curtain. I like organic and earthy elements. I don’t like valances, or frilly this, or typical that. Hell, I have wood clamps on the wall in my bathroom to hold towels. I also have rocks and a sea grass mat covering the floor. (I need to redo the mat, by the way.)
I’d love to have an outdoor shower for the summer time. It’s one reason I favor a private backyard in a house. If I wanna get out there, a bit more exposed than normal, I should be able to without the neighbors getting all lookie-loo on me.
Things That Happened Today
- Found a washed & dried lottery scratch off in my coat pocket. I brought it to the liquor store, and had it scanned. Won $40.
- Went to the Hallmark store, and a guy was sitting in his car, in the middle of the parking lot lane, asleep. The girls in Hallmark went out to wake him up.
- Went to Brueggers, saw they had a “free refill for all of 2014 coffee mug”. Asked the price on it. ”It’s $175,” they replied. ”I’ll have a hot chocolate,” I retorted.
- Saw a pillow at Target that said “Noel” on it, and thought of “Technol” aka No-L on Tumblr.
- Brian went to use the bathroom at a diner we went to for lunch. Came storming out 10 minutes later, having stepped in feces on the bathroom floor, and while standing on one foot, washed his other shoe off in the sink.
We’ve had a day of it.
Big ass storm moving through. We’re actually under a tornado watch.
I feel like I’m going to get rid of more of my stuff. I still feel like I own too much crap.
Free chairs from Lowe’s, thanks to Viggle.
We rocked that TV mount. It was actually kinda fun to put it up. (Just found the pics on B’s camera.)
My friend Marc from high school was flying back home to Oklahoma from Texas earlier today. The planes go over Moore before circling back around to Will Rogers International. This is his first time seeing the tornado damage in Moore first hand. His reaction is what we’re all still thinking.
Part of me wants to move back home & help out.
Update: My cousins, whose home was destroyed, are renting an apartment. They have been staying in an apartment where my aunt works and lives in midtown. They’ll be in their new apt temporarily. They have the money for their house from insurance. Someone has offered to buy their plot of land for about $20K (where their house once stood). They are rebuilding a brand new house further south, almost into Newcastle, which is south south south of Moore. (They were pretty deep into Moore anyway, nearly on the southern edge of it. Newcastle is another hop, skip, & a jump away.) Their truck was destroyed, and they have been able to replace that already. I hope everyone else in Oklahoma are as fortunate.